Send us your question
How often should we clean our clothes?
The smell test can tell if we wear enough deodorant, but it does not always work correctly regarding when it is necessary to wash our clothes. Our activities, the type of fabric, even the weather can be decisive factors. The American Cleaning Institute gives advices on whether the time has come to wash sheets, jeans, shirts, socks and underwear:
- The sheets should be washed at least every two weeks and more frequently if we sweat at night.
- Pyjamas should be washed after wearing them 3 or 4 times, but if we have a shower before we fall in bed, we can wear them a few more days.
- The towels should be dried between uses and washed after 3 to 5 times. But if they are used to wipe blood or sweat, they should be washed immediately.
- Underwear and socks should be washed after each use.
- The bra can be worn 2-3 times before washed. After each use, a day must pass until the next time they will be worn, in order to regain their elasticity.
- T-shirts and tops must be washed after each use.
- The denim may be worn up to 3 times before being washed.
- Leggings should be washed after each use to avoid ‘sagging’ on knees.
- The costumes can be worn several times before going to cleaners (3-4 times the wool and 4-5 times synthetics. If your life style and environment makes them dirtier, they should be sent earlier to dry cleaners.
- The swimsuit must be washed after each use.
Exceptions: Linen and silk are “prone” to get discolored and should be washed after each use.
Are detergents anti-allergic and safe?
Our company uses the most recognized international eco anti-allergic and safe detergents of ECOLAB company which is tested and certified by international organizations.
How do we keep the moths away?
Before clothes are stored in cabinets, they should have been washed or sent to dry cleaners! Dirty clothes are a source of bacteria with which the larvae are fed when moth are hatched!
Do not create stacks of clothes! If you have clothes you no longer wear or do not want to throw them away, do not place them in stacks, but be sure to store them neatly, nice and clean in special cabinets or bags. The moth is really lazy and will not pierce plastic or fabric.
Place in closets moth repellents which can be purchased from our stores.
Does dry cleaning reduces the life of a cloth?
On the contrary, frequent cleaning prolongs the life of a garment. Not only do stains set with age, making the garment unwearable, but ground-in dirt and soil act as an abrasive, like sandpaper, causing rapid wear of fibers. Also, insects are attracted to soils such as food, beverages, feces, perspiration, and oils from hair on the clothes and will cause further damage.
Research was conducted by the Department of Clothing and Textiles at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in cooperation with the School of Textiles at North Carolina State System, which was developed in Japan. The research showed that the various drycleaning processes have no negative effect on the properties of wool in men’s suiting fabrics